In 19 months he will be a private citizen, giving speeches to insurance executives. America, however, will have to move on and restore its place in the world. To do this we must first tackle the consequences of our foreign policy of fear. Having spooked ourselves into believing that we have no option but to act fast, alone, unilaterally and pre-emptively, we have managed in six years to destroy decades of international good will, alienate allies, embolden enemies and yet solve few of the major international problems we face.
In a global survey released last week, most countries polled believed that China would act more responsibly in the world than the United States. How does a Leninist dictatorship come across more sympathetically than the oldest constitutional democracy in the world?
The problem today is not that America is too strong but that it is seen as too arrogant, uncaring and insensitive.
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Beyond Bush...By Fareed Zakaria...Newsweek Magazine
Fareed tells it like it is.
- ► 2011 (32)
- The leading cause of death of white women between ...
- The Supremes and Three Bad Rulings...a new rock-em...
- You own it!.....565 million acres
- Tiniest songbird
- Conservative America is a Myth
- “The Progressive Majority: Why a Conservative Amer...
- Outing the Out of Touch
- "There is No God Higher Than Truth," Mahatma Gandh...
- Writ of Habeas Corpus
- Beyond Bush...By Fareed Zakaria...Newsweek Magazin...
- How to win the war
- ▼ June (11)
- Native of the Philadelphia "Kensington and Alleganey" northeast area. I spent 4 years in the Air Force (Titan-II missles in Tuscon Arizona). I Am currently retired, and among other adventures I spent 28 years working for AT&T in Telecommunications. I've lived in Florida for 33 years....20 years in Hollywood Fla., and 13 years North Florida. I've been married 42 years, and am a proud father of three adult offspring. All of them contributing to society in a very useful and creative manner.